Wedding preparation,theme, color palette and budget

01:43 Unknown 0 Comments























I immerse myself in wedding preparations after we booked the venue. I surveyed different options to help us make our goal budget.

First, we picked our priorities. We asked each other on how many percent will go to each of our suppliers. Because reality check, we cannot afford everything.

Reception -30%
Caterer- 25%
Photo and videography – 18%
Wedding gown & entourage -6%
Prenup styling – 5%
Church- 3%
Wedding coordinators- 3%
Other suppliers -10%

My fiancé and I agreed that we will prioritize the venue because for us, a good venue doesn’t need an elegant styling. The caterer can take care of it. As you have noticed, we’ve rated 6% only for the gowns and entourage. Any wedding gown will look good in a blushing and excited bride. That goes also for my entourage; I know that whatever style I want they will still look fabulous in it. See my other post for the entourage gowns here.

While we put the photo and videography as 3rd on the list. Because it’s a keepsake that we will always look and reminisce until we get old.

Now comes to the wedding details:

· Choice of our color palette and theme
               I was the one who decided on this, I really love shabby chic designs, its soft tones allures me. This will also allow me to “Do-it-yourself” some trinkets and accents to my wedding. I wanted my wedding to have a personal touch and in that way can show my creativity side.



Final theme: Shabby chic

Final color palette: tiffany blue, pastel pink, white, soft pink, ecru, light grey


     
· Draft initial number of guests.
              We wanted our wedding intimate with few closest friends and relatives only. That is why we chose a destination wedding.

· Browse for wedding inspirations.
              I love the wedding of Kristine and Oyo boy sotto, it was lively and at the same time romantic. And of course the garden weddings abroad (thanks to pinterest) I love that other nationalities are having venues at their own backyard or barn. It’s so simple, unique but fun.

· Search for a good church venue.
              I was looking for a church that is not too far from my wedding venue. And an ample parking space too. I wanted my guests not to worry about where to park their cars. I’m not particular with how long the aisle would be. But I’d like a big wooden church door.
See my post in choosing my church venue, here.

So, that’s all for now. Will post more of our wedding preparations soon.

Xoxo,









photo credits: ukpinterest.com



You Might Also Like

0 comments :